Terrace, British Columbia
Marie-Christine Claveau comes from the beautiful region of Saguenay Lac St-Jean, Québec. She grew up watching the tides go in and out of the Bay through the classroom windows. After finishing a bachelor degree in Physical Education with a minor in Visuals Arts in 2001, she moved West. She first landed in Squamish, British-Columbia, where she lived in her van on the side of the Mamquam River. She spent many years exploring the whole province to finally settle on Traditional Tsimshian Territory on a small homestead in Rosswood between the Skeena and the Nass rivers. She paints with acrylic. Her colourful work focus on the beauty of nature. it’s landscapes, flora and fauna.
Sunrises are so humbling, specially when you’re trying to paint them.
- 2023 Scenes from Western Canada May 2023
- 2023 Bloom Exhibition Mar 2023
- 2022 Water Exhibition Nov 2022
- The Nature Trust of British Columbia Artist of the Year Award and Exhibition 2022 Sep 2022
- 2022 Landscapes Exhibition May 2022
- 2022 Bloom Exhibition Mar 2022
- The 80th Anniversary Exhibition Nov 2021
- The Nature Trust of British Columbia - Artist of the Year Exhibition 2021 Oct 2021